Monday, January 4, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Lets just dive right in, shall we?!

Of COURSE, my new years resolution is to lose the 20-25 lbs I need to lose. Firstly, because I'm sick of not fitting into my clothes and I refuse to buy a size larger, but also because, well, I was going to say because of heath, which is true, but really, it's mostly because I want to fit into my clothes! This is, after all, a brutally honest blog...

So, it's the 4th day of this Jillian Michaels diet and I'm already hungry ALL OF THE TIME! Diets and I have a hard time getting along because of my love of FOOD! I love food! I love to eat. I don't see food as sustenance....but an experience. It has great meaning.....sitting, exploring a plate of whatever! Salty, spicy, sweet or savory.....doesn't matter to me...because it's all good! It's an ongoing joke with my friends about where to meet for lunch. They already know I DON'T CARE because I can eat anything. Well, almost anything. I can't quite picture myself eating some of the "delicacies" is see Andrew Zimmern eat. Pigs balls will never be in my mouth. Period.

I'm a pasta girl. I make pasta dishes for my family several times during the week. I've tried to switch to whole grain pasta but it's texture is something that takes some getting use too...so I'm hoping the two week to retrain your taste buds thing kicks in here soon. Breads too.......LOVE breads, and all kinds of breads! Mostly whole wheat, but the occasional french loaf, sliced, toasted and topped with bruschetta or olive tapenade or even an EVOO dip with seasoning....YUMMY! And don't even get me started about donuts!
Can you tell I'm hungry?! Christ! The paint on the walls is starting to look good! lol

I'm also a diet coke girl....usually one icy cold can during the day. I am starting to think they put something in those cans that make you crave it! I don't really crave any other drink, which I do drink like water, milk or juices....it's the diet coke! I will get in my car and drive like a crack head to get a diet coke! Run into the store, itching and scratching and looking for that silver can! Could they actually do that? Add additives that make you addicted? If you know, let me know. Oy, vey. Breaking up with Diet Coke would be hard to do, but I guess it could be done with a few weeks worth of vodka Valium lattes. :) j/k

So, as far as the diet goes.........we shall see. I'm a southern girl, raised on southern cooking....and boy does Cracker Barrel sound good right about now! Perseverance Aggie, perseverance!


Kisses,
Aggie

No comments:

Post a Comment