Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A little help please!

I love my husband, Burt...well, we'll just call him Burt....I love him dearly! He can be sweet, kind, loving, supportive and my biggest fan. He's a fantastic bread winner, takes great care of his family and is a good dad. He's loyal and a home-body and I wouldn't trade him for the world.
That being said.......there are a few things that irritate the hell out of me and here are just a few:
1. He doesn't take the trash out or the recyclables, for that matter...
2. He will not do anything considered 'domestic' or that a is a "womans job" :-)
3. He is very smart so he can come across as an arrogant ass at times
4. I spend a lot of time cleaning up emotional messes because of #3
5. He tends to get stuck in the 'all about me' way of thinking
6. For as smart as he is, he tends to be socially inept (at times) and last but not least
7. He has a very difficult time, seeing someone else's side of the story

Ok, kinda hate to air the poor guys dirty laundry, but hey, this is just simple honesty.
And I'm not saying I'm perfect.......FAR from it.....and for all I know he could have a blog titled: living with a demanding biotch :) but I doubt it.

Anyway......he's old school. Like his father before him...where there are distinct roles. One for the man which is mostly the bread winner and the rest of the stuff gets kicked to the woman.

Now, this would all be good and well, if staying at home and doing all of the domestic duties was all that I had to do, but NO......wait a minute.....I work...crazy hours. Usually anywhere from 70 & up hrs a week. I have my own business and it's keeping me busy! So.......hey.......a little help please!!

This am, for example. Our son, has to get up for school. He's still in elementary so I get up, 6am'ish, get him ready and to the bus stop.
Well, this am, my husband was up at the same time too. Not sure why, but he was up....and I couldn't help but think...."W H Y are we both up? If he's up, can't he do this and I can go back to bed?" I must have been sending out a "WTF" vibe that he picked up on because at that exact moment, he said, "why don't you go back to bed and I'll get him to the bus stop." THANK YOU JESUS! Woot-Woot!

I mean......I'm sure I'm not the only woman who goes thru this! Is it me?! lol

Kisses,
Aggie

No comments:

Post a Comment