Saturday, February 13, 2010

Susie homemaker has left the effin kitchen


As I age (albeit gracefully) I'm a little over the fancy schmancy outings that I use to diet prior too, get all spray tanned for and kill myself finding the 'perfect' dress that made my body look perfect! Because when you're in your 20's it's not so hard. But in your 30's when you're now factoring in you have to find Spanx®, Wonderbras® and all the other crutches that help you feel better in that dress instead of the sausage you are turning into! :)

Somewhere in your mid 30's you begin to not give a rats ass about what you feel everyone else wants to see you do. Listen, for some reason we were raised thinking we needed to be superwomen, be able to cook, clean, work, juggle the kids, have friends, learn the new layout of Facebook and BAKE things like Baked Alaska.


Have you ever tried to bake a Baked Alaska?? Don't even attempt it.
There are some things left for gourmet chefs and no, you don't need to be able to do it all.


It's kinda hard to clean this up. Takes more effort and I've been missing my womans daily multi but mostly and borrowing a famous line "frankly my dear, I don't give a damn!"

Kisses,
Aggie

2 comments:

  1. Woman, you just made my day:) Thanks for stopping by and appreciating my April Fool's joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh yes! I couldn't agree more. At 56 having been born in the 50's the traditional, yes stultifying era of conformism, followed immediately by the only thing that's Groovy is non-conformist 60's. All is cool so long as you conform to being non-conformist. True, uniquiness can become a religion. Think Scientology. Flash forward to the 70's The rationalism of "Women's Liberation". Lest we forget proponents of this idea of equality for women were viewed by most as irrational anarchist selfoshly attempting to shred the very fabric of society. For a women of my advanced age who still remembers friends who died from having illegal abortions. Yes there really was a time whenthis was reality. I also remember watching family and friends laugh, because it was considered "normal" for Ricky to take Luci over his knees and provide his "little women" with a much needed dose of corporal punishment. Go ahead Watch a few episodes of "Mad Men" and think reality because,I kid you not it was. Yes our time has and sadly enough it may just go. Having been a teacher I can assure you your daughter's have no hope of learning this this in a classmroom since most history books have one or two paragraphs on "Women's History" along with a rather sad photo of women swinging around their bras in protest. Braless oh my! Check out the agenda put forth by the Republican Party Fudamentalist. Anti-intellectulism' finest hour may be upon us. So get your ass in gear ladies and let the females in your life know how we got here and how we don't want to fight that battle again. Really let's not blame the horror of the 80's & 90's on womem. Think Disco, polyester "Leisure" suits,and Neil Sedaka. Need I say more?

    ReplyDelete